Protecting your Privacy
In various places on this site, we collect "Personally Identifiable Information", such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other information that can be used to identify you or contact you.
- We will not share any of your Personally Identifiable Information, except for the information you choose to publicly disclose in the postings you publish, with our advertisers or any third-parties for marketing purposes.
- We offer email anonymization & relay to protect your identity and reduce spam.
- Account information is password protected. Keep your password safe.
- We do not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from persons under the age of 13, and do not permit persons under the age of 13 to register on this site. If we learn that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, we will remove that posting.
We, or people that place postings on this site, may provide links to third party web sites, which may have different privacy practices than ours. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies on these third party web sites. We encourage all users to read the privacy policies of every web site you visit.
Registration is required to place a posting through our service or to use other types of functionality that require the service to recognize a user. If you decide to register or sign up for certain services, you will need to give us certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as a valid e-mail address. You will also have the option to provide other Personally Identifiable Information such as your location. This Personally Identifiable Information will be used to personalize and improve your experience of our service. This information will not be disclosed to any third-party without your explicit consent.
Registered users may choose to receive a copy of our newsletter or receive other mailings from us regarding our service or the Sites. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings.
You can review and change your Personally Identifiable Information or password at any time.
Data We Collect
In addition to Personally Identifiable you provide at registration or by using the service, we collect the following information:
- Postings content. When you place a posting or a review on Bargaincity, we collect a variety of information related to that posting (e.g., price, location). The public will see any information that you include in your posting, and as such, we have no control over how this information will be used. For that reason, please think carefully about what Personally Identifiable Information you disclose in your posting. You can always edit any of your postings.
- "Anonymous Information" such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, the pages on this site that you visit, the search terms that you enter and the advertisements that you click. This information is used to help us diagnose problems, administer the site and otherwise improve our service to you.
- Credit card information. Credit card information is collected but not stored. It is transmitted to a financial gateway using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Data We Store
The following information is stored in our database, even after deletion, and may be archived:
- Registration information
- All postings and review content
- Activity logs and other records
Although we make good faith efforts to store information in a secure environment that is not made available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Circumstance in Which We Will Release Information
We may disclose information about our users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to a legal process (e.g., subpoenas, court orders)
- Respond to claims that a posting or content violates the rights of third parties
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of this site, its users or the general public